We realize that medical care is expensive and can represent a considerable financial hardship for you. Our fees are based on the time spent with the patient, the time spent reviewing records and consulting with other physicians, the severity of the problem, and the expertise required for specialty evaluation.

We do accept Medicare Assignment. By accepting assignment, we agree to accept as payment the fee that Medicare allows for our services. Medicare will then pay 80% of that allowable fee directly to us. You are responsible for the remaining 20% of that fee and will need to make arrangements to pay this remaining amount. Additionally, Medicare has a deductible which must be met prior to beginning payments for your medical costs. You are responsible for the entire deductible amount. If hospitalized, you will receive a separate bill from the hospital for their charges. We will be happy to file insurance forms. In order to file your insurance, you must provide us with current ID, GROUP NUMBERS, and mailing address for your insurance plan. If your insurance company requires pre-certification prior to non-emergent admission, it is your responsibility to provide that information to our office. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assure that your insurance claims are submitted properly and payment is received. If third party payments do not cover the entire hospital bill, or if you are without insurance, it is your responsibility to make arrangements to pay for your hospital charges. We will be happy to work with you to arrange payments so that the financial burden is minimized.

Payment for outpatient services is expected at the time the services are rendered. PPO/HMO and other managed care patients are responsible for their co-payment at the time of service. These patients will also receive a copy of our Managed Care Policy. We are participating physicians with Medicare, therefore these patients are only required to pay their deductible and 20% of the approved Medicare charges. You will be advised of the approved amount at the time services are rendered.

Those patients who do not have insurance coverage or who are not participants in a managed care plan are expected to pay in full at the time of service. We will be happy to file your insurance for you if valid current insurance information is provided. If you have any questions or problems with your bill, our staff is available during office hours.